No code development platforms are a popular and promising alternative to traditional software development for non-technical business users hoping to build their own full-fledged applications. These platforms provide the tools for business users to take control of the features of their applications, without having to hire an expensive software developer. No code development platforms enable non-technical users to create sophisticated software applications, and are becoming popular and increasingly cost effective alternatives to traditional software development.
With no-code tools, you can build a web app or website without having to write code.No code tools replace coding with clicking or drag and drop. They are do-it-yourself development kits. They have pre-made functionality that allows you to create applications quickly with little to no coding. While some software uses WYSIWYG(What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get), most no code tools are GUI (graphic user interface) based and built for drag and drop functionality.
It is pertinent to say that No-Code does not mean absolutely no coding involved as these platforms were set up by software developers themselves. It only means that the burden of coding has been taken away from you by the developers with pre-set and customizable templates for you to explore and create.
Benefits of No-Code Development Platforms
- They make it easy for non-technical people to build software applications and deliver value to their business.
- They allow everyone to develop beautiful, functional and highly-scalable applications without writing a line of code
- They democratize software development – by helping businesses realize the benefits of no code development without any compromise on the core product quality and time-to-market.
- They empower anyone to build software without code.
- They are generally more affordable when compared to hiring a software development team
Some No-Code Platforms For Entrepreneurs/Business-Owners
- Typeform makes it easy to build, collect, and analyze online forms. From surveys to contact forms, job applications to payment receipts, Typeform extracts the meaning from your data. Typeform has no coding required – use a pre-made template or start from scratch in the canvas editor. With Typeform, you can create forms and surveys easily from a single dashboard. Include your own branding, fonts and logos, or upload your company’s colors.
- Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows business owners to create online storefronts and sell products without any coding knowledge. This means it’s easier for you to get a store up and running in no time at all.Shopify is a powerful e-commerce platform for small businesses. Unlike other e-commerce platforms, it is designed to offer entrepreneurs the tools needed to create an online presence and sell products and services online without technical expertise or hiring IT developers at a hefty price tag.
- Carrd is an online tool that lets you build a landing page in seconds. Just choose your design, add a headline and you’re done. There’s no coding required and it’s free! It goes from design to headline and launch.
- Bubble allows you to create your app without needing to understand any coding language. You can build complex applications with numerous features without needing a single line of coding. Bubble allows users to customize mobile applications easily. The platform has allowed developers and entrepreneurs to come up with customized apps without the need to code.
- Squarespace is a website platform that makes it easy to create professional websites with or without coding skills. With its unparalleled customization options, stunning designs and modular code, it’s no surprise Squarespace is one of the most popular website builders on the web. If you’re a visual person (and let’s face it, most of us are) then Squarespace is your best friend when it comes to creating an exceptional-looking site.
These are only but a few of the hundreds of no-code platforms out there for your use. Do you know any others we have not listed? You should share with us and other readers after all, sharing makes the world go round.